Expert Family Law have recently written an article on how to get an abusive partner out of your home, and how to keep them out by using the family court system to obtain an Order.

Expert Family Law explained that there are two types of injunctions that can be made and put in place to protect victims and their families. The two type of injunctions include Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders.

  • Non-Molestation Order – This type of order can be put in place to prevent a person from threatening violence, harassing, intimidating, or becoming violent towards the victim. A Non-Molestation Order could be put in place to prohibit an abuser from contacting a victim via telephone, social media, email, or in person.
  • Occupation Order– This type of order can be used to exclude an abuser from the victim’s family home. It can force the abuser to move out and/ or stay a certain distance away from the home. In some cases, the order may stipulate the the abuser is required to stay in a specific part of the home at certain times. It may order an abuser to allow access to the home if they have locked the victim out. It may also order the abuser to continue paying rent, mortgage and/or bills on a home.

With the help of your solicitor, you will need to fill in a FL401 form to apply for a Non-Molestation or Occupation Order. A witness statement will also need to be written by the victim or their solicitor setting out the details of the situation and what the victim wishes to achieve by obtaining an order.

 Expert Family Law have a panel of experienced domestic abuse solicitors will ensure you get the best advice and will ensure you are made safe from your abuser as soon as possible. They can assist by obtaining the right court order or injunction as well as assisting in divorce, child arrangements and ancillary relief.

They understand that being a victim of domestic abuse can be extremely distressing. Expert Family Law ensures that the domestic abuse solicitors on their panel have the skills and experience required to assist on your legal case. We can assure you that your case will be dealt with in a compassionate and understanding manner.

As a victim of domestic abuse, you are likely to be entitled to legal aid to help with legal fees.